History of the Department
The Department of Psychology and Pedagogy is a structural unit of the Faculty of Humanities and Education of S. Toraighyrov Pavlodar State University. The Head of the Department is Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor Yelena Ivanovna Burdina.
The Department offers three Bachelor’s degree programs (5В050300 Psychology, 5В090500 Social Work, 5В010300 Pedagogy and Psychology), three Master’s degree programs (6M050300 Psychology, 6М090500 Social Work, 6М010300 Pedagogy and Psychology) and one Doctoral program (6D010300 Pedagogy and Psychology).
The teaching staff of the Department consists of 22 members, including 3 Doctors of Pedagogic Sciences, 6 Candidates of Pedagogic Sciences, 1 Candidates of Psychological Sciences, 1 Candidate of Medical Sciences, 1 PhD, 5 Masters of Psychology, 4 Master of Pedagogy and Psychology, and 1 Master of Science in Social Work.
Head of the Department
Yelena Ivanovna Burdina
Position: Head of the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy of S. Toraighyrov Pavlodar State University.
Academic degree, academic title: Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor
Place of the dissertation defense: Ye.A. Buketov Karaganda State University, the ОD 14.50.05 Joint Dissertation Council.
Scientific publications: over 200 publications, including 12 learning and teaching guides, 2 electronic textbooks, 1 monograph and a Russian-Kazakh dictionary in ethnopsychology and ethnopedagogics.
Ye.I. Burdina gives lectures and teaches practical classes in the following courses: Psychology and Pedagogy.
- Y. Altynsarin badge (2006).
- Winner of the III Prize named after Y. Altynsarin for the best scientific research in the field of pedagogy (2007). Member of the OD 14.50.05 joint doctoral dissertation council at Ye. Buketov KarSU (since 2007).
- Best Lecturer of the University (2008).
- Full member of the IASPE (International Academy of Sciences of Pedagogic Education, Moscow) and full member of APSK (Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Kazakhstan, Almaty). She had a professional development course at the Academy of Informatization and Communication (Germany, Leipzig), Methodology and Methods of Comparative Pedagogy (Kazakhstan, Pavlodar) (2009).
- S. Toraighyrov Gold Medal (2010).
- Honorary Certificate from the Akim of the Pavlodar region (2012).
- Ye.I. Burdina supervised 15 Candidate's dissertations.
Contact phone number: 673685 (ext. 1139)
Location of the Department: Pavlodar, 64 Lomov St., room 151.