History of the Department
The Department of Psychology and Pedagogy is a structural unit of the Faculty of Humanities and Education of S. Toraighyrov Pavlodar State University. The Head of the Department is Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor Yelena Ivanovna Burdina.
The Department offers three Bachelor’s degree programs (5В050300 Psychology, 5В090500 Social Work, 5В010300 Pedagogy and Psychology), three Master’s degree programs (6M050300 Psychology, 6М090500 Social Work, 6М010300 Pedagogy and Psychology) and one Doctoral program (6D010300 Pedagogy and Psychology).
The teaching staff of the Department consists of 28 members, including 4 Doctors of Pedagogic Sciences, 7 Candidates of Pedagogic Sciences, 2 Candidates of Psychological Sciences, 1 Candidate of Medical Sciences, 3 Masters of Psychology, 1 Master of Pedagogy and Psychology, 1 Master of Culturology, and 1 Master of Science in Social Work.
Social Life and Research Activity of Students
Students of the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy take an active part in the social life and research activity of the University. They participate in the intra-university, national and international scientific conferences, national intellectual olympiads and contests of scientific projects. During their studies, they attend workshops and public lectures given by scientists from Kazakhstan and Russia, international scientific seminars and summer schools. The students of the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy win prizes at the Prometheus contest of scientific projects (S. Toraighyrov PSU), annually take part in the Satpayev Readings conference of young scientists, students and schoolchildren (S. Toraighyrov PSU), and actively participate in the Student Self-government Ten-day Event. Students of the Department have an active civil position in the life of the University and our country.
The 2004-2005 academic year
A research group of students (A.M. Abeldinova, I.V. Lukyanova, V.I. Pronkina, Yu.V. Pletyukhina) participated in the Prometheus program with a project supervised by Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Associate Professor Ye.I. Burdina. As a result of the work carried out within this project, a book devoted to the 100th birthday of A.Kh. Margulan was presented at the Conference. In 2005, students of the Department took part in the National contest in Psychology and took the third place.
The 2006-2007 academic year
The BP-32 group students M. Magomedova, Yu. Redko, G. Balina participated in the Prometheus program with a project supervised by Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor M.V. Semyonova, and won KZT 100,000. Students of the Department participated in the V National Students Olympiad in Psychology held at Taraz State Pedagogical Institute, the VI National Olympiad in Psychology at KarSU named after Ye.A. Buketov, where they took the third place.
The 2007-2008 academic year
Students of the Department participated in the VII National Contest in Psychology held at Aktobe State Pedagogical Institute, where they took the third place. The teaching staff of the Department held the First Summer School in Social Pedagogy and Psychology where the problems of social protection were considered. It was held at Bayantau resort house located on the shore of Sabyndykol (Bayanaul National Park). Among the distinguished guests were prominent Russian and Kazakh scientists:
- Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor, full member of the International Academy of Sciences of Pedagogical Education (IASPE) L.V. Mardakhayev (Russian State Social University, Moscow);
- Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, full members of IASPE M.A. Galaguzova (Ural State Pedagogical University, Yekaterinburg);
- Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor G.Zh. Menlibekova (Eurasian National University, Astana);
- Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, corresponding member of IASPE A.S. Magauova (Kaynar University, Semey).
The 2008-2009 academic year
The students S. Kaliyeva, A. Burova (SR-202), G. Zhabagina (SR-301), and M. Baubekova (Ps-301) participated in the Prometheus contest under the supervision of Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Associate Professor Ye.N. Zhumankulova and won KZT 100,000. In 2008, the students of the Department took part in the national contest in pedagogy, took the first place and won the Wise Owl prize.
The 2009-2010 academic year
The SR-302 group students A. Dultseva, S. Kaliyeva, T. Shvaytser and their supervisor, Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences, Associate Professor M.V. Semyonova, took part in the II National Student Olympiad in Social Work, where they took the second place and won the title of the Most Creative Group (Kazakhstan, Karaganda). The SR-302 student S. Kaliyeva was awarded the certificate and prize named after Tokmukhamed Salmenovich Sadykov for excellent academic achievements and active participation in the life of the University. Students of the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy were the participants of the second shift of Koshbasshy Educational Innovation Camp for students of higher education institutions. This camp was organized by Zhas Otan, the youth wing of Nur Otan NDP, within the Zhastar - Otangha project aimed at the innovative development of youth, with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (Katarkol, the Burabay area, the Akmola region).
The 2010-2011 academic year
The SR-401 group students won scholarships named after Mashkhur Zhusup (A. Bozdayeva), T. Shayakhmetov (A. Nurkina), A. Bekturov (G. Novruzova) and state scholarship named after Al-Farabi from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan (S. Kaliyeva). In order to raise students’ interest in social work, contribute to their intellectual development, and improve their educational and extracurricular activities, the teaching staff of the Department organized a quiz called My Profession is Social Work with the participation of all full-time students. In January, students of the department successfully completed the Volunteers Training organized by the U.S. Peace Corps and the German Weltwaerts with the support of the Samal Rehabilitation Center. Students A. Burova, S. Kaliyeva (SR-402) and Ye. Trukhina (SR-302) participated in the III National Students Intellectual Olympiad in Social Work where they took the second place and won the title of the most creative team.
The 2011-2012 academic year
The following student scientific clubs are available at the Department:
- the Ak Zhurek volunteer student movement (students in Social Work) supervised by S.G. Cherva;
- Psychology Club (students in Psychology, Pedagogy and Psychology) supervised by senior lecturer A.S. Papandopulo;
- the Concordia student scientific society.
In order to improve the quality of education and develop the inter-agency co-operation, the Department concludes agreements on organization of academic and industrial practice of students with B. Akhmetov Pavlodar Pedagogical College, the Psychologist-21 Regional Scientific and Applied Studio PF, Social Service Center SI, Social and Volunteer Center LPO, School No. 2 SI, K.A. Makpaleyev School No. 4 SI, Zhas Urpak CSPE, College of Humanities and Education, Pavlodar Specialized Institution for People with Chronic Mental Illnesses SI, Samal Rehabilitation Center, Regional Center for Rehabilitation of Children with Disabilities SI, Department of Employment and Social Programs of Pavlodar SI, Pavlodar regional branch of the State Center for Pension Payment RSPE, Pavlodar City Center of Social and Psychological Rehabilitation and Integration of Women with No Fixed Abode SI, and the Department for Child Protection.
The branches of the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy of S. Toraighyrov PSU were established at B. Akhmetov Pavlodar Pedagogical College, the Psychologist-21 Regional Scientific and Applied Studio PF, Social Service Center SI, Social and Volunteer Center LPO, School No. 2 SI, K.A. Makpaleyev School No. 4 SI, Zhas Urpak CSPE, and Pavlodar Specialized Institution for People with Chronic Mental Illnesses SI.
The teaching staff of the Department annually performs contractual works with the Yertis Daryny SMMC RSPC, Department of Education of the Uspenka Area SI; Department of Education of the Lebyazhye Region, Neftekhim LLP.
In November of 2011, Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor O.A. Kolyukh, senior lecturer A.S. Papadopulo and A.R. Zhunusova held a training seminar entitled “Adaptation, Socialization and Development of Life Skills in Psychological and Educational Support for Children at Orphanages and Boarding Schools” organized by the Department for the Protection of Children's Rights.
Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor O.A. Kolyukh and Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Associate Professor B.Kh. Galiyeva took part in a panel discussion entitled “Harmony in the Family is Harmony in the World” for school principals, school psychologists, subject teachers and parents at the Department for the Protection of Children's Rights in the Pavlodar Region SI.
Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor K.M. Kertayeva was invited by L. Gumilyov ENU to read lectures for the teaching staff of the University on the Basics of Pedagogic Deontology in December of 2011. Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Associate Professor S.K. Ksembayeva and senior lecturer Zhunusova A.R. gave a seminar entitled “Social Work. Legal and Regulatory Framework, Methods and Standards in the Provision of Social Services” for social workers of Aksu on June 11, 2012.
Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Associate Professor S.K. Ksembayeva and Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Associate Professor B.Kh. Galiyeva developed a study program entitled “Pedagogy of Higher Education” in the Russian and Kazakh languages and read a course of lectures on the Pedagogy of Higher Education for the teaching staff of the University in February of 2012.
- Students of the 050905 Social Work program participated in the Fourth Intellectual Olympiad in Social Work in Karaganda held at E. Buketov KarSU in March of 2012. (A. Yeleutayev, Z. Morozova, I.V. Yesmanov) and took the 3rd place.
- Students of the 5B050300 Psychology program participated in the Intellectual Olympiad in Psychology at Al-Farabi Kazakh National University in March of 2012 (Yu. Deryugina, A. Abilmagzumova, D. Azhmaganbetova, A. Makenova) and took the 2nd place. A. Makenova took the 3rd place in the individual standings in solving psychological problems.
During the academic year, the following student scientific clubs worked at the Department:
- the Concordia student scientific society (students of all programs) supervised by senior lecturer A.S. Papandopulo.
- the Support psychological club (students of all programs) supervised by senior lecturer A.S. Papandopulo;
- the Ak Zhurek volunteer student movement (students of all programs) supervised by S.G. Cherva.
Participation of the teaching staff of the Department in contests, awards.
In August of 2011, Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor O.A. Kolyukh received a letter of appreciation from military unit No. 5512 (Pavlodar) and the Ministry for the Protection of Children's Rights (Astana).
In October 2011, senior lecturer A.R. Zhunusova won the Zhas Talap contest.
The certificates of the National Accreditation Centre: the 2nd place in Social Work (Bachelor's degree program) among the educational institutions of Kazakhstan, the 3rd place in Psychology (Bachelor's degree program).
The 2012-2013 academic year
In August of 2012, senior lecturer A.S. Popandopulo held a seminar entitled “Psychological Training” for the administration of military units of RK.
In November of 2012, Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences Ye.S. Burdina and Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor O.A. Kolyukh took part in the round-table conference entitled “Childhood Protection: the State, Experience, Prospects” organized by Department for Child Protection of the Pavlodar Region SI.
Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Associate Professor S.K. Kesmbayeva and the PzhP-401 group students participated in the round-table conference entitled “The Origins of Violence, its Causes and Factors” organized by the Department of Internal Affairs of the Pavlodar region and the Crisis Center for Women with no Fixed Abode.
On January 17, 2013, senior lecturer A.S. Papadopoulo took part in the round-table conference entitled “The Role of Information and Consultancy Services in the Solution of Social Problems of Children of the Region” at Department for the Protection of Children's Rights of the Pavlodar Region SI.
Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor L.F. Malgina and the MPs-22n group Master's degree students gave a lecture to the teaching staff of PSU college. The topic of the lecture: Development of Creative Abilities of Students in the Learning Process. Senior lecturers S.G. Cherva and N.Yu. Pigovayeva held a regional workshop entitled “Realization of the Creative Potential of Students in Supplementary Education Institutions” for supplementary education teachers.
On February 19, 2013, Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor O.A. Kolyukh and the MPs-12n group students held a seminar entitled “Strategy for Consulting People Who Have Turned to the Social Services for Help” for the specialists from the Association of the Information and Counseling Psychological Services at the Department for the Protection of Children's Rights in the Pavlodar Region SI.
Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor Ye.I. Burdina was a consultant during the development of the “Leadership School” program regulations; Candidate of Psychologic Sciences, Associate Professor O.A. Kolyukh held a seminar entitled “Psychology of Leadership” in February of 2013; Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Associate Professor I.V. Korovayko held a seminar entitled “Psychology of Speech” for Master's degree students of the University. On May 15, 2013, a lecture was given at Kaynar Children's Creativity Center in Ekibastuz. It was entitled “Family System as the Basis for the Development and Socialization of Children”.
In April of 2013, senior lecturer A.D. Zhomartova gave lectures in the music and technology colleges. They were devoted to the problem of violence and its prevention.
In May of 2013, Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor Ye.I. Burdina, senior lecturers A.R. Zhunusova, G.M. Tulekova, S.G. Cherva held a teachers council on the Contents of Educational Competence of Teachers and its Implementation in the Classroom at B. Akhmetov Pedagogical College. Candidate of Medical Sciences, Professor S.Ye. Bulekbayeva, Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences I.V. Korovayko, senior lecturers A.D. Zhomartova, A.D. Aubakirova, A.S. Popandopulo took part in the Akhmetov Readings regional scientific and practical conference at B. Akhmetov Pedagogical College, where they were section moderators.
In June of 2013, Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Associate Professor L.F. Malgina held a seminar entitled “Prevention of Suicidal Symptoms” for young soldiers of the military unit of Pavlodar.
The Bachelor's degree program in Social Work took the 3rd place among higher education institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the National Ranking of 2013.
By the decision of the Accreditation Council of the Independent Agency for Accreditation and Rating of the Republic of Kazakhstan, 2 programs of the Department (Psychology; Pedagogy and Psychology) successfully passed a specialized accreditation in 2013. Programs are accredited for the period of 5 years.
The 2013-2014 academic year
Students of the Department of Pedagogy and Psychology actively participated in the following activities:
1. Students in 5B050300 Psychology F. Kogambayeva, R. Atchibayeva, N. Zhumadilov, A. Kulmakhanbet actively participated in the Republican Student Olympiad in Psychology, which took place in Almaty on March 25-29, 2014, and were awarded a 3rd place diploma.
2. Active participation in student scientific conference "New Religious Movements and Security of Kazakhstan: a View of the Youth" (A. Sagandykov, SR-302 (s) group student).
3. Students of the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy actively conducted research work, the results of which are reflected in the proceedings of international scientific conferences:
- International Scientific Conference "VI Toraighyrov Readings" dedicated to the 120th birthday of S. Toraigyrov. Many topical problems of various fields of science were considered during the Conference.
- Republican Scientific and Practical Conference "Works by K. Bekkhozhin and Modern Kazakh Poetry".
- International Scientific and Practical Conference "XIV Satpayev Readings" for young scientists, undergraduate and graduate students:
- A. Meyramgaliyeva, an AZh-101 group student, was awarded a 1st place diploma;
- N. Zhumadilov, a Ps-301 group student, was awarded a 2nd place diploma.
The following students were awarded certificates of participation:
- B. Ispulova, a SR-102 (s) group student;
- A. Omarova, a Ps-202 group student;
- G. Alimkhanova, a Ps-301 group student;
- A. Nygmetova, a Ps-301 group student;
- G. Kapuova, a Ps-202 group student;
- I.N. Tokenova, a MPs-12n group Master's degree student;
- A.V. Manakhova, a MPs-12n group Master's degree student;
- A.V. Petrova, a MPs-12n group Master's degree student.
4. An AZh-101 group student Adina Meyramgaliyeva was awarded a letter of appreciation for active participation in the scientific and methodological seminar "Interethnic Tolerance in Contemporary Kazakh Society: Current Status and Trends".
5. A SR-302(s) group student A. Sagandykov is a winner under the Zhas Ghalym student research program. Scientific supervisor: Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Associate Professor I.V. Korovayko.
6. MPs-12n Master's degree students I.N. Tokenova, D.Ye. Zhagiparova and A.V. Manakhova held an event devoted to the Day of Autism Awareness.
7. Master's degree students in Pedagogy and Psychology took part in the national research works competition held in Astana Turan University in 2014. A MPiP-22n group student D. Baymoldina took the second place with a project entitled 'Psychological and Educational Support of Training Autistic Children for Learning at School'. A MPiP-12n group student Zh. Matenova took the third place with the project entitled 'Social and Psychological Support for People under the Influence of Sects' took the 3rd place. Scientific supervisor: Candidate of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor A.A. Kudysheva.
Head of the Department
Yelena Ivanovna Burdina
Position: Head of the Department of Psychology and Pedagogy of S. Toraighyrov Pavlodar State University.
Academic degree, academic title: Doctor of Pedagogic Sciences, Professor
Place of the dissertation defense: Ye.A. Buketov Karaganda State University, the ОD 14.50.05 Joint Dissertation Council.
Scientific publications: over 200 publications, including 12 learning and teaching guides, 2 electronic textbooks, 1 monograph and a Russian-Kazakh dictionary in ethnopsychology and ethnopedagogics.
Ye.I. Burdina gives lectures and teaches practical classes in the following courses: Psychology and Pedagogy.
- Y. Altynsarin badge (2006).
- Winner of the III Prize named after Y. Altynsarin for the best scientific research in the field of pedagogy (2007). Member of the OD 14.50.05 joint doctoral dissertation council at Ye. Buketov KarSU (since 2007).
- Best Lecturer of the University (2008).
- Full member of the IASPE (International Academy of Sciences of Pedagogic Education, Moscow) and full member of APSK (Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Kazakhstan, Almaty). She had a professional development course at the Academy of Informatization and Communication (Germany, Leipzig), Methodology and Methods of Comparative Pedagogy (Kazakhstan, Pavlodar) (2009).
- S. Toraighyrov Gold Medal (2010).
- Honorary Certificate from the Akim of the Pavlodar region (2012).
- Ye.I. Burdina supervised 15 Candidate's dissertations.
Contact phone number: 673685 (ext. 1139)
Location of the Department: Pavlodar, 64 Lomov St., room 151.